A.W. Kennedy Construction Inc. acknowledges that its activities can have a significant influence on the environment; therefore, we are committed to minimizing the impact our activities have on the local and global environment. It is the policy of A.W. Kennedy Construction Inc. to ensure that any threats of pollution from its activities are identified and either prevented, eliminated or effectively controlled. In pursuance of this policy,
A.W. Kennedy Construction Inc. has committed to:
- Work with Architects, Designers and Clients to influence the environmental impact of the products and materials used within a project through the enhancement of the specification and design, and construction, working towards the goal of Net Zero Homes
- Wherever practicable, use recycled or recyclable materials and components and methods.
- Assess on a regular basis the environmental impact of all our operations.
- Set and review environmental objectives, targets and outcomes with the aim of continual improvement and prevention of waste and pollution.
- Ensure that the Policy is used to provide the framework, through management review, for setting and evaluating our environmental objectives and targets.
- Minimize waste, noise, and emissions in all parts of our business.
- Recycle or reuse materials and packaging wherever practical.
- Reduce the environmental impact our operations may have on all species and habitats.
- Ensure hazardous waste such as contaminated soil, and asbestos containing materials are identified, tested, transported and disposed of in an environmentally acceptable manner, in accordance with local and provincial regulations.
- Adopt risk management procedures to minimize environmental accidents ‐ in conjunction with appropriate authorities.
A.W. Kennedy Construction is committed to protecting our natural environment and resources wherever we conduct business. Implementation of this policy is a primary management objective and acting in accordance with this policy is the responsibility of every employee..